Tuesday, June 12, 2012

More clowns in production

Getting ready for another exhibition of the clowns and acrobats at the Kenilworth Artist Run Collective gallery. This exhibition will run from mid Aug to mid Sept and I am working with painter Christine Brown, who paints fabulous images of dancers and acrobats that seem to move off the canvas.

This is little clown will be sitting on a swing... some new shapes and ideas in this one, and it will have some higher fired glazes so that it can survive outside.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I love the way he's sitting! Can't wait to see him finished! I'm going to go and see what other works I can find of yours!

Sadhana said...

You have been busy!
Good luck with your exhibition :)

Kathryn Mitchell said...

Hello Ellen!
Thank you so much for the sweet comment that you left on my blog a couple of weeks ago. I'm so happy to find your work, the circus characters are wonderful! I'm intrigued by the decals too, I'll be back to see how you progress.

Ellen Appleby said...

Thanks everyone - great to see some other ceramicists visiting my site - I promise to take a look at your blogs in the next few days (too tired now!).